Code No: 07A3EC11 Set No. 3
II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Chemical
Engineering, Electronics & Telematics, Electronics & Computer Engineering
and Aeronautical Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
1. (a) Enumerate the properties of soil.
(b) Discuss the hydrological cycle with a neat sketch. [8+8]
2. (a) What are the advantages of recycling minerals?
(b) How can you as an individual conserve dierent natural resources? [8+8]
3. (a) Explain biogeochemical cycles in sustaining life on earth.
(b) Enumerate the branches of ecology. [8+8]
4. (a) Write a note on Man-animal conflict.
(b) Dierentiate between Genetic diversity and species diversity. [8+8]
5. (a) What is noise pollution? Write the eects of noise pollution on human health
mentioning the noise levels of some noisy sources in dB (A).
(b) Describe the various methods of control of ‘Noise Pollution’. [8+8]
6. Discuss the following:
(a) Chernobyl Disaster vs. Bhopal tragedy
(b) Ozone Depletion vs Green house eect. [8+8]
7. (a) ‘Information Technology can play an important role in improving the quality
of Human life and environment’-Explain.
(b) Write a note on the control of the transmission of AIDS. [10+6]
8. (a) Prepare and analyze the type and amount of pollution oered by an industry
at a place near Hyderabad. Give suggestions for improvement to make the
area more environment friendly.
(b) Write note on the need of a green belt/zone to be maintained by any industry.