Code No: 07A3EC11 Set No. 4
II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Chemical
Engineering, Electronics & Telematics, Electronics & Computer Engineering
and Aeronautical Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
1. (a) Define lapse rate and temperature inversion.
(b) List the dierent components of the biosphere and their interdependency.
2. (a) Describe ways of conserving metals and other mineral resources.
(b) What are the environmental hazards associated with mineral extraction. [8+8]
3. (a) Discuss on adaptation by natural selection.
(b) With a neat sketch, explain how the element carbon is recycled in nature.
4. (a) List the environmental services oered by biodiversity.
(b) Discuss the Biopiracy. [8+8]
5. (a) Describe the ‘Classification of air pollutants’.
(b) Explain the importance of control of air pollution in the preservation and
protection of environment. [8+8]
6. Discuss the concept:
(a) Global Warming
(b) Sustainable Development
(c) Environmental self Audit. [5+5+6]
7. Describe the role of any EIGHT of the following Naturalists or Environmentalists
or ENGOs with reference to ‘Society and Environment’:
(a) Sundarlal Bahuguna
(b) Medha Patkar
(c) Indira Gandhi
(d) Salim Ali
(e) Raschel Carson
(f) Sunita Narain
(g) Gro Harlem brundtland
(h) Maneka Gandhi
(i) Willium Wordsworth
(j) Louis Pasteur
(k) J.C. Bose
(l) Ramana Maharshi
(m) Helen Keller
(n) Wangari Maathai
(r) UNO. 
8. Prepare a report on what development you found ecological /environmental wise
in a nearby village/rural area near to you in the last five years.