Code No: 07A3EC11 Set No. 2
II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Chemical
Engineering, Electronics & Telematics, Electronics & Computer Engineering
and Aeronautical Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
1. (a) Explain the branches of environmental education.
(b) Write a note on population growth. [6+10]
2. (a) What is soil erosion? How can it be checked?
(b) Give some examples of strategic minerals. Where are the largest supplies of
these mineralslocated? [8+8]
3. (a) Discuss about the elements of an aquatic ecosystem.
(b) Explain the primary and secondary succession. [8+8]
4. (a) Distinguish between the endemic and endangered species.
(b) Discuss the dierent threats to biodiversity. [8+8]
5. (a) What is noise pollution? Write the possible eects of noise pollution on animal
(b) What are various methods of control to reduce noise pollution? [8+8]
6. Write a short note on:
(a) Global Warming
(b) Acid Rains
(c) Ozone Holes. [5+5+6]
7. Discuss any FOUR of the following:
(a) ‘Environmental education is a synonym of value education’
(b) ‘Technology owes ecology an apology’
(c) Man is the wildest of all animals; Man is the pest of the planet.
(d) Life after 100 years
(e) Extinction of mankind. 
8. (a) Prepare a detailed report on the types of pollution produced due to a local
polluted site in an urban area. Give suggestions for improving the area as an
(b) Write a detailed note on making Hyderabad as the cleanliest city of India with
reference to the measures adopted in Surat, Chandigarh and Curitiba. [8+8]
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆