CODE NO: R050212303 SET NO. 2
2007 JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
II B.TECH I SEMESTER REGULAR EXAMINATIONS
TIME: 3 HOURS
MAX MARKS: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. Enumerate the characteristics of a living Cell.
2. Describe the properties of the three classes of membrane proteins and how they differ from one another
and how they vary among themselves.
3. Cite the one unique function of each of the following: plasma membrane, nucleus, nuclear envelope,
mitochondrion, chloroplast, RER, SER, Golgi complex, secretory vesicles, lysosome, peroxisomes,
ribosomes, cytoskeleton, microtubules, microfilaments, intermediate filaments, extracellular matrix, cell
4. Write a note on ATP powered pumps in detail.
5. Justify the statement ”There are variations observed in cell cycle patterns of some cells”.
6. What is meant by stem cell differentiation?
7. Briefly explain the different classes of cell surface receptors.
8. With respect to secondary messengers, write short notes on: