Code No: R059210402 Set No. 1
II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2007
( Common to Electronics & Telematics, Electronics & Computer
Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
1. Explain the dierent areas of environmental conservation to which people belonging
to dierent disciplines can contribute. 
2. (a) Explain show agricultural practices implemented to increase the field from the
land lead to formation of unproductive land.
(b) Explain the dierence in consumption of resources by the countries of the
developing and developed world. [8+8]
3. (a) Define ecosystem and list components of an ecosystem.
(b) Briefly explain the manner in which ecosystems are destroyed by human ac-
4. (a) List the main biogoegraphic zones in the country.
(b) Explain the necessity for viewing biodiversity as a global resource. Describe
with examples the steps that are being taken towards this purpose. [6+10]
5. (a) List the wastes that are prohibited from processing along with municipal solid
(b) Briefly describe the methods of heating and disposal of solid waste. [8+8]
6. (a) Define watershed management and explain its objectives.
(b) Discuss various water conservation techniques that can be practiced by indi-
7. (a) Describe the problems created by the growing population of the earth.
(b) Explain briefly the pattern of global population growth in recent years which
is causing alarm to environmental experts. [8+8]
8. (a) What is the methodology to be followed for study of a studying cause and
eects of a polluted site? Write also the observations for various aspects and
data to be collected.
(b) Write about any polluted site you have visited and describe your findings in
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
1 of 1