Code No: R05212303 Set No. 4
II B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
1. With a neat labelled diagram explain the structure of a typical Prokaryotic cell.
2. Write notes on the following: [8 × 2 = 16]
(a) kinesins & Dyenins
3. How are lysosomes synthesized? Discuss their relation with endocytosis process in
a cell. 
4. Describe the process of receptor-mediated endocytosis with suitable illustrations.
5. What is the cell cycle? What are the stages of the cell cycle? How does the cell
cycle vary among dierent types of cells? 
6. Explain the term ”determinants” in cell dierentiation using suitable examples.
7. What is the importance of receptors in cells? 
8. Define ”hormone”? What are the 4 major chemical classes of hormones? How
can you distinguish between a hormone & a neurotransmitter and hormones and